A huge issue I always had in my room was lighting. You have one tiny window on one side of the room if you’re lucky, and then you have to fend for yourself. For the late nights I spent cramming, it was hard enough staying up all night without the temptation of sleep because my room was so dark. This next craft I have in store for you guys is something I wish I would have had. Most beds in a dorm can be lofted to make more space, so that’s exactly what I did. My desk was underneath my lofted bed, which made it incredibly dark without a spotlight. It may be easier to just go to Walmart and buy a spotlight for your desk, but trust me, your friends will be so jealous of your homemade chandelier hanging from underneath your bed. All you need to make sure of is that you have a power source! Happy crafting!
- Hula Hoop
- Rolls of lace
- White icicle lights
- Hot glue gun
- Wall hooks
- Wrap your lace around the hula hoop making sure to cover every inch of it and hot glue the 2 ends, securing the lace
- Wrap your icicles around the hoop, letting them fall
- Hot glue the strand of lights making sure they’re secure as well
- From there, cut 4-5 strands of your lace string and wrap them once around the hula hoop, gluing them (make sure these are strong as they will be holding up your chandelier)
- Screw your hook underneath your bed frame
- Tie all strands together at the top, plug in, and hang!